Important AHA Updates
- There will be no classes (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) in observance of Memorial Day.
- The summer schedule starts June 2 and will be on the web site at the end of this week.
Saturday, June 15, 9 am – 12 noon
Yoga and Hiking with
Jill Johnson and Beth Krusi
Explore the wonderful combination of yoga and hiking. We will start at AHA studio at 9 am where Jill will lead a class to prepare for hiking. We will bring our awareness to our feet, legs and hips and then organize carpools amongst the participants to arrive in Norwich by 10:15 am. We will be hiking the Parcel 5 Trail, which is 3.1 miles (5K), guided by Beth Krusi. Bring snacks or a small lunch, water and bug spray. Also have good walking shoes or hiking boots. We are interested in developing a regular group to expand our hiking to include longer day hikes with yoga breaks. $30
- Email Jill to register.
- Class size will be limited so register soon.
Sundays 4-5:30 pm starting June 9
Summer yoga for stress relief for
high school and college-age youth
Studies show yoga can lower stress hormone levels, increase calming brain chemicals and help treat anxiety and depression. Join Leslie MacGregor, APRN, RYT for a six-week summer series on how yoga can calm the mind and body, even in the midst of stressful times.
A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit West Central Behavioral Health’s emergency mental health services. This donation will be made in memory of Jasmine Rogers, a Meriden youth who took her life in October of 2011.
- Cost is $16 drop-in or $78 for the entire series.
- Email Leslie MacGregor for more information or to register.
How we keep you safe in class
- Our classes have a strong focus on alignment so that stretching and strengthening are performed safely.
- We believe yoga is for every body. Poses are customized for each individual student with strategic use of props and intelligent, physical adjustments.
- Our teachers have thousands of hours of training with ongoing required study. We are trained to address to the needs of each individual in every class by skillfully adapting the poses and sequences being taught.
- We encourage students to practice ahimsa (non-harming) toward self and others on and off the mat.
- We incorporate mindfulness in all aspects of our teaching so that unnecessary mental or physical distractions are excluded, resulting in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to inform teachers of current physical issues including menstruation, pregnancy, or injuries.
Are you aware of the variety of
pricing options for classes?
Did you know you can buy a pass (with one-year expiration) that allows you to come to any class at any time? For example, you can purchase a 10-class pass for 1.5-hour classes. See below for more pricing options. Also, please remember that we have scholarships available for classes or privates.
- 1.5- Hour Classes
- 10 classes within 10 weeks: $130
- 10 classes within 1 year: $140
- Drop-in anytime: $16
- 1-Hour Classes
- 10 classes within 10 weeks: $120
- 10 classes within 1 year: $130
- Drop-in anytime: $15
You can now pay for classes online using Paypal. Note that you can also continue to pay at the studio using cash, check or credit card. We hope these new offerings will offer you greater flexibility, and we welcome any feedback you have.
Ebooks for Yogis!
Jill and Diana are pleased to announce the availability of two new ebooks for sale on amazon.com.
- Yoga for Gardeners was designed for gardeners interested in learning how yoga poses can help them prepare for and recover from gardening. Includes poses to do while in the garden! Learn more or buy the ebook edition now on amazon.com.
- Yoga for Travelers was designed for those who travel for business or pleasure. Discover how yoga poses can help alleviate the aches and anxieties of traveling. Includes poses to do while traveling. Learn more or buy the ebook edition now on amazon.com.
Free review copies available to those willing to contribute testimonials on amazon.com. Contact Diana if you are interested.
Barbara Rooney Scholarship Fund
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my friend Barbara Rooney on July 31, 2011. Barbara helped to start the first Ancient Healing Arts Yoga Studio in Lyme, N.H. and helped with our move to Lebanon before she left for California. She started AHA West in Ridgecrest, California where she spent several years building a yoga community.
For those of us who took classes with Barbara, she will be fondly remembered for her caring, gentle presence. Barbara enjoyed volunteering for Hospice and doing home visits. In her memory, our existing scholarship program will now be in her name. For those who want to donate, please indicate on your check that the money is for the Barbara Rooney scholarship fund. Please help to pass the word that financial assistance is available for yoga classes and privates.