Back issues are unique. The spine includes 33 vertebrae, and an intricate array of large and small muscle groups that act on the back. In addition, the legs, the position of the pelvis and shoulders even the head have a strong influence on back health. When you consider this along with the different ways that each individual uses their back – the way we stand, walk, sit, garden, hike or engage in other activities – it is clear that every person has their specific needs when it comes to back health.
Certified Iyengar Teacher and Yoga Therapist, Kerry Doyle designed the Upper Valley’s first Back Care Clinic to help students alleviate pain and ease structural imbalances. Our program consists of Individual Evaluation, Back Care Clinic and specialty Back Care/Gentle Yoga classes. In addition, we offer private lessons. This multi-faceted program allows you to tailor an approach for the health of your back so that your specific needs are addressed and you can begin to feel relief, create new patterns of awareness and movement and build strength where needed.
How Yoga Helps
Yoga provides a holistic approach to back care – it has an effect on the body, the breath and the mind. Yoga is about moving towards balance. You will learn how to release tight muscles and how to strengthen areas of weakness. Recent medical studies demonstrate that Iyengar yoga has been an effective approach to back health.
About our Back Care Program
- Individual Evaluation – Provides a one-on-one assessment of your needs. We evaluate imbalances of the body and give you a short practice of simple, specific poses to begin to practice at home
- Back Care Clinic AHA’s Back Care Clinic provides a follow up to your Individual Evaluation session. This gives you an opportunity to ask questions, refine or deepen your understanding. We expand on your home practice and introduce more poses. You receive individualized help and attention.
- Specialty Back Care/Gentle Yoga Classes – Our Back Care and Gentle yoga classes provide ongoing relief and support for a practice of yoga that contributes to your overall health. Classes are small in size, so you receive individual attention. Teachers are certified Iyengar teachers, which means they are highly trained and focus on healthy alignment in postures.
$150 – Back-care Package – includes
- Individual evaluation (1-hour)
- 2- one hour private sessions
To purchase: CLICK HERE
Email email@example.com to schedule your individual session and get started!