Tips and Tricks for Developing a Home Practice
Consider that you can commit to little as five minutes a day. The highest form of discipline is consistency: powerful transformation can come from regularity.”
~ Judith Hanson Lasater
One of the powerful aspects about Yoga Camp is the regularity of practice. 5 Consecutive Days to Jump-start a regular routine. A home practice does not have to be long to be effective, it does not have to be complicated to be transformative.
Here are a few tips and tricks to getting started:
- Have a dedicated practice space – BKS Iyengar often said the hardest part of practice is rolling out you mat.
- Practice at the same time – this way you begin to build this into your routine.
- Commit to 3 poses – One pose you LOVE, one you LOATHE and one inversion. This is the basics. We can usually find time for 3 poses and often those 3 inspire you to do more!
- OR Try out a proven sequence. I adapted this from senior teacher Eyal Shifroni – Short practice sequence. Remember, consistency is the key. You will get more from a regular routine.
- Have a inspirational quote on your wall
- Listen to your body – remember part of yoga is developing a relationship with your body. Ask yourself frequently, how does this feel?
- Download and print this handout on Home Practice Tips –
I’d love to hear if this is helpful and about your home practice- post share your comments or questions!