Our studio is located in the Tip-Top Building in downtown White River Junction. There are a number of options to stay right in town and we are within 10-15 minutes of Quechee, VT, Hanover & Lebanon, NH, and about 30 minutes from Woodstock, VT.
If you are visiting from out of town, here are a couple of local options to stay and to eat:
- The Hotel Coolidge. This is a great spot because it is an historic hotel right in downtown WRJ – there is a lot going on in White River and walking distance to the studio. Thyme Restaurant is a great option for lunch or dinner and is in our building. Other food choices include Tuckerbox Cafe (great tea, coffee and food), Piecemeal Pies and Trail Break Tacos. The Upper Valley Co-op also has some prepared meals and groceries.
- WRJ and nearby Lebanon, NH have an array of chain hotels . Trip Advisor reviews and more information can be found here.
If you prefer to stay more in the “countryside,” nearby Quechee is a great choice.
- A couple of options would be:
- The Parker House –Beautiful old inn, on the pricey end, but the owners are wonderful and great restaurant – big old porch! There are nice places to walk nearby, which is a treat as well.
- The Quechee Inn -also nice spot, with hiking trails right out the door and across from scenic Dewey Pond
- The Quality Inn, Quechee. Near hiking trails and Quechee Gorge.
Other ideas – if you have a small group, doing an AirBNB in Quechee, WRJ or Hanover, NH could work well.