Sadhana is a Sanskrit word that can be translated as dedicated practice. This program provides a firm foundation for those interested in deepening their practice and understanding of Iyengar Yoga. The program is designed for those that regularly attend weekly classes and seek to establish a regular home practice, and expand their understanding. It is a 5-month immersion designed to inspire students, to enhance their practice and understanding of the art, science, and philosophy of yoga in the Iyengar tradition.
The format for the program is designed to complement regular weekly classes and support a consistent personal practice. Once monthly weekend gatherings include instruction in asana and pranayama as well as talks and discussion of yoga philosophy, ethics, and basic anatomy. Students will receive reading assignments and home practice materials to assist them with their personal practice throughout the program and beyond!
It is recommended that students in this program:
*Have practiced Iyengar Yoga with a CIYT consistently for a minimum of one year
*Have a basic understanding of standing poses and
*Practice of Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulder stand or modifications) and basic variations.
- Learn the categories of basic asanas and the physical, physiological, emotional effects
- Study the art of sequencing and how the foundational asanas create the groundwork for more intermediate/advanced poses
- Understand salient points for the asanas to practice safely and deepen understanding
- Learn modifications/alternatives for asanas for particular issues
- Gain exposure to the yoga sutras and yoga philosophy to enhance their practice and support a sense of well-being
- Experience the richness of yoga through svadyaya (self study and study of written materials including the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
Dates for Weekend Immersions (Sunday Afternoons, 1:00-4:30)
February 28, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 13
$350 Early Bird (through January 15th) $375 Early Rate (through February 14) $425
About the Instructor:
Kerry Doyle is the owner/director of AHA Yoga. She is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher at the Junior II Level (now new Level 2). Kerry studies regularly with her teacher, Patricia Walden and senior teachers from RIMYI (the Iyengar Institute) in Pune, India. Kerry traveled to India in 2015, 2019 and most recently in January, 2020 for month long studies and to work directly with members of the Iyengar family. Her love and appreciation for the Iyengar method permeates her teaching. In her classes, she aims to balance light-heartedness and humor with clarity and precision.