Advice for beginners
- Props are provided but feel free to bring your own sticky mat.
- Be able to be barefoot and wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in.
- Let the teacher know if you have any recent injuries or acute problems.
- Let the teacher know if you are pregnant or menstruating.
- Do not push hard in the poses. Nothing you do should be painful. Let the teacher know in the moment if a pose is painful.
- Hands on adjustment are sometimes made by the teachers. Please talk with the teacher if this is a concern. Most find these adjustments very helpful. Safety is our highest priority.
- Take a positive, healthy approach to yoga: try to leave your goals and expectations at the door. Approach yoga class with the intention of staying present as you explore your body.
- Yoga is not competitive, it is self-exploration. Try to do yoga without judgment and with compassion for yourself.
AHA Yoga is central to my life. The classes are life changing.Esme T.
Sign up for classes
Would you like to see class schedules, purchase class cards, or enroll in a class?
Want to stay in touch?
Sign up for the AHA Yoga newsletter to stay up-to-date with class announcements and studio events.