I want to give it a try NEW STUDENTS – EXPLORER PASS – $30 – 2-WEEKS UNLIMITED!
New to AHA?
Welcome to AHA Yoga! We have a number of alternatives for those new to yoga or to the Iyengar method. You do not need to be flexible to do yoga, the poses are taught in safe easy to follow steps that are appropriate for you. You can try a class before you commit to buying a package of classes. We recommend the following classes for students new to AHA:
- Level 1
Not sure where to begin? Book a 30 minute private consultation for only $30. We will take you through the basics and help you find the optimal yoga program for your needs.
- Private Lesson – Introductory Special – $30 for 30 minutes
Advice for beginners
- Props are provided but feel free to bring your own sticky mat.
- Be able to be barefoot and wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in.
- Let the teacher know if you have any recent injuries or acute problems.
- Let the teacher know if you are pregnant or menstruating.
- Do not push hard in the poses. Nothing you do should be painful. Let the teacher know in the moment if a pose is painful.
- Hands on adjustment are sometimes made by the teachers. Please talk with the teacher if this is a concern. Most find these adjustments very helpful. Safety is our highest priority.
- Take a positive, healthy approach to yoga: try to leave your goals and expectations at the door. Approach yoga class with the intention of staying present as you explore your body.
- Yoga is not competitive, it is self-exploration. Try to do yoga without judgment and with compassion for yourself.